Friday, December 19, 2014

DIY cookie Christmas

DIY COOKIE MIX CHRISTMAS GIFT





On a budget? Want to still have a meaningful gift for a friend of family member? Like to bake or have a favorite cookie? Well if you answered yes to these questions then I've got a great project for you! 

What you will need to do: Firstly, find your favorite cookie recipe and gather all the dry ingredients! You will also need a clear jar of some kind to display the ingredient layers in. 



 Next measure out the dry ingredients and put them in the jars. I have a bunch of relatives and friends so I made a kind of assembly line for this process. I also found that using a funnel helped a lot contain the mess (although my husband says no matter what project I do in the kitchen it looks like a tornado went through).




Once the jars are filled the next step is to add the left over instructions and Christmas touch. For this part I grabbed some tissue paper and bags from my stash. I also typed up the full recipe for the recipient's future along with the abridged version of the recipe for the jars. 





I cut the recipes to size and punched a hole on the top. 




I also upcycled the bow and elastic from the original jar to attach the recipe card. 



Finally I took the full recipe and a little festive ribbon, rolled the recipe and tied it with the ribbon. 


 After placing them in bags with the tissue paper and a gift tag I think this is a fun inexpensive gift for any family or friend.


As always please feel free to follow me on instagram for more up to date posts on mine and the hubby's lives! 

Until next time
-Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment